Safe Environment Policy of the Archdiocese of Miami
For more information please visit the Archdiocese of Miami Safe Environment Office (click here)
Mandatory for all Volunteer 18 year old and older
Mandatory para todos los Voluntarios mayores de 18 años.
The Archdiocese of Miami, along with 194 dioceses of the United States Catholic Conference, is committed to providing safe environments for those who need protection the most, our children and our vulnerable adults. Under the direction of Archbishop Favalora, we have kept that promise and it is therefore mandated that all clergy, employees, volunteers, seminarian candidates, Eucharistic Ministers, etc. take part in our safe environment requirements which are:
1) all must be fingerprinted;
2) all must participate in the “Virtus” training program which is provided at many locations throughout the Archdiocese of Miami.
Both the fingerprinting process and the training are offered free to each participant.
Our fingerprinting process is one of the most secured systems available, as we deal directly with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement who in turn works with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Once someone is fingerprinted it is sent to the FDLE and within a few days the results are returned. Anyone with a questionable item is notified and has the opportunity to meet with her/his supervisor or pastor to explain the offense.
The results sent to the Archdiocese are held in a specially-alarmed area, with other security aspects in place. The FDLE annually conducts an inspection of the Safe Environment Office that maintains the results of fingerprinting searches and our office continually receives the highest ranking for its security.
Adults are required to participate in both requirements to volunteer at any church or facility within the Archdiocese of Miami.
For Our Lady of Guadalupe Church
follow the next steps:
You must register online at http://www.fieldprintflorida.com/ before going to the fingerprint place (Porfavor registrese online antes de ir al lugar para hacer los fingerprints:
1. Click “Schedule an appointment” (registration can be done in English or Spanish)
2. Create a secure username/password and enter the Fieldprint scheduling system
3. In the “Reason why you need to be fingerprinted” screen, select the web link: “I know my Fieldprint Code”. (To obtain this access code, please call Miguel Ruiz at 305-593-6123 beforehand.) Please note that the access code is case sensitive.
4. Provide all the information requested. This information is required by the FDLE/FBI in order to process the criminal search.
5. At this point, the website will prompt the applicant for the information required to find a local fingerprinting facility and schedule an appointment. Instructions, directions, maps and photos will all be provided directly online.
To read more about the Archdiocesan Policies about Fingerprinting please visit the following website: Finger Prints ADOM
Click her to go to the next step – Haga click aqui para ir al proximo paso